GC Replacement Applications
GCs are currently being used many refinery process streams. While GCs are a basic “work horse” within the refinery, they have a down side.
- Initial cost for a single online GC can costs $200,000 and up.
- operate with maintenance time and calibration gases are about $2200/month.
- Limited accuracy and sensitivity when installed online.
If you are planning on replacing more than 1 GC, you should consider using our multiplexed, Raman instrumentation. Raman offers:
- Fast measurement times: 2 to 3 minutes/stream.
- Improved specie separation when compared to typical online GCs.
- Greatly reduced maintenance time. Typically, 2 hours/year/stream.
- Greatly reduced cost of operation, no cal gases, columns, valves, and ovens required.
- Typical replacement is 2 to 8 GCs per Raman instrument.
Below shows a mixed C3, C4 stream with 17 components: